The Holter monitor makes a continuous record of electrical activity of the heart. It can be worn by a patient (for a period of 24 hours or longer) during the course of daily activities for the purpose of detecting fleeting episodes of abnormal heart rhythms. Depending on what the results show, in combination with your medical history and a physical exam, your doctor may order further tests or a combination of medications and lifestyle changes.
* Shower the morning of your exam.
* Do not use body lotion or powder on the skin.
* It is okay to use antiperspirant or deodorant.
* Do not apply makeup on neck or chest area.
* Wear clothing that allows easy access to your chest.